35 Soal dan Jawaban PAT Sastra Inggris SMA Kelas 11 Semester 2 K13 Terbaru
The following text is for no 1 – 5
Muhammad Yamin was one of the Indonesian national heroes. He was raised as one of the sons of Tuanku Oesman Gelar Baginda Khatib (1856 – 1924) the penghulu andiko of Indrapura and author of a manuscript on Minangkabau adat laws that now is stored at the Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies (KITLV).
Muhammad Yamin was also a historian, poet, playwright, and politician. He was educated at the Algemene Middelbare School (AMS) in Jogja, majoring in history and Far Eastern languages, including Malay, Javanese and Sanskrit. Upon his graduation in 1927, he went on to study law at the Rechtshogeschool in Batavia, as Jakarta was known during the colonial period in Indonesia. The Rechtshogeschool, founded in 1924, is the precursor of the Faculty of Law of what became the Universiteit van Indonesie and, after the transfer of sovereignty, changed its name in 1950 to Universitas Indonesia, the premier tertiary institution in the country (Ref 1). Yamin earned his doctorate in law (meester in de rechten) in 1932.He worked in Jakarta until 1942 specializing in "private law". Yamin's political career started early and he was active in nationalist movements. In 1928, Yamin participated in the Second Congress of Indonesian Youth, which issued the Sumpah Pemuda. Through the organization Indonesia Muda, Yamin became an active proponent for Malay to become the national and unifying language. It has since been renamed "Indonesian" and made the official language of the Republic of Indonesia and the principal vehicle for innovative literary expression.
In 1937, Yamin married Siti Sundari, daughter of a nobleman from Surakarta, Central Java, by whom he had one child, a son, Dang Rahadian Sinayangish Yamin ("Dian"). In 1969, Dian married Gusti Raden Ayu Retno Astuti, the eldest daughter of Mangkunegara VIII, Sultan of Surakarta.
1.According to text who is Muhammad Yamin?
- A.one of Indonesian national heroes
- B.only the son of Tuanku Oesman Gelar Baginda Khatib
- C.a doctor
- D.a lecturer
- E.a nobleman
2.Muhammad Yamin was educated in.…
- A.Universitas Indonesia
- B.Algemene Middelbare School (AMS) Jogja
- D.Faculty of Law in Universiteit van Indonesie
- E.The Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies
3.What is Muhammad Yamin specialization in 1942?
- D.private law
4.Some languages which are learnt by Muhammad Yamin, except....
5.When Muhammad Yamin’s got doctorate in Law based on the text?
The text is for questions 6 to 8
Cristiano Ronaldo was born on February 5, 1985, in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. Manchester United paid £12 million to sign him in 2003 - a record fee for a player of his age. In the 2004 FA Cup Final, he scored Manchester's first three goals and helped them capture the championship. In 2008, he set a franchise record for goals scored. In 2009, Real Madrid paid a record $131 million for his service.
It was through his dad's work as an equipment manager at a boy's club that Ronaldo was first introduced to the game of soccer. By the time he was 10 years old, he was already recognized as a phenomenon - a kid who ate, slept and drank the game. "All he wanted to do as a boy was playing football," his godfather, Fernao Sousa, recalled for British reporters, adding, "He loved the game so much that he'd miss meals or escape out his bedroom window with a ball when he was supposed to be doing his homework."
By his early teens, Ronaldo's talent and legend had grown considerably. After a stint with Nacional da liha da Madeira, he signed with Sporting Portugal in 2001. That same year, at the tender age of 16, Ronaldo turned heads with a impressing performance against Manchester United, wowing even his opponents with his footwork and deft skill. He made such an impression that a number of United players asked their manager to try and sign the young player. It wasn't long before the club paid Ronaldo's team more than £12 million for his services - a record fee for a player of his age.
6.What was Ronaldo action for MU in year 2004?
- A.Signed new contract
- B.Scored goals to Real Madrid
- C.Won FA Cup Championship
- D.Got payment of $131 million for his service
- E.Paid $12 million
7.We can learn from paragraph 2 that….
- A.Ronaldo was a talented football player
- B.Ronaldo was a very energetic football player
- C.Ronaldo gained his success by his early teens
- D.Ronaldo was a legendary young football player
- E.Ronaldo became the youngest player in Manchester
8.“After a stint with Nacional da liha da Madeira, he signed with Sporting Portugal in 2001.” (Paragraph 3)
The underlined word can be replaced by...
The following text is for questions 9 to 11.
Last Friday, a friend of mine asked me to accompany him to buy a new shirt at a department store. We left home at 03.00 p.m. by motorcycle. As soon as we arrived there, we went to the clothes section. I let him choose one. An hour later, I got bored watching him confused in choosing a shirt. So I left him and went to the cassette counter. Thirty minutes later, I went back to the clothes section but I couldn't find him there. My cell phone was broken so I couldn't call him. I went to the parking area. I saw his motorcycle was there but I couldn't find him. I waited for him for a few moments then finally I gave up and decided to go home.
When I arrived home, my mother told me that my friend called. She said that he was in the department store looking for me. My mother asked me to come back to the department store. Reluctantly, I walked to the department store and you know what? When I arrived there his motorcycle was not in the parking area. He just went home. I was very tired. There was no other choice, I had to walk home again. When I arrived home, I was so tired. I was very angry but when I saw my friend's broad smile greet me in front of the door, I just could not help laughing.
- 9.The text above is about ....
- A.an embarrassing day
- B.shopping with mother
- C.the writer and his friend
- D.my friend and his motorcycle
- E.a beautiful day
10.The writer couldn't contact his friend because ….
- A.he went home alone
- B.his cell phone was broken
- C.he was in the parking area
- D.he went home together
- E.his friend was still choosing a shirt
11.From the story above we can conclude that there was a problem because ....
- A.the writer couldn't contact his friend
- B.the writer's friend was in the clothes section
- C.the writer and his friend couldn't ride the motorcycle
- D.the writer and his friend decided to go to the department store
- E.his friend couldn’t contact the writer
The text is for questions 12 to 14.
Government should not raise fuel price to solve the problem of economic issues. People were affected severely with the high fuel price like last year. Obviously they cut their spending. As an example, they had to buy lower quality of rice or palm oil. There were also fewer buyers of secondary commodities like flour, or canned meat or fish.
Furthermore, the condition of low income family will become even worse because their expenses will increase while their salaries will not. Many companies will have to trim the number of employees because they are incapable of managing, buying or selling price, standard wages and personal affairs.
Finally, government should not raise fuel price to overcome economic problem but the solution should be sought by tapping into the nation’s own potential and utilizing it to enhance productivity to its maximum.
12.The title of the text is ….
- A.The price of the secondary commodities
- B.The effect of increasing fuel price
- C.Condition of low income family
- D.The increasing of fuel price
- E.The economic problem
13.“Many companies will have to trim the number of employees.” (Paragraph 2). The underlined word means ….
14.What is the main idea of the last paragraph?
- A.The government should enhance productivity to solve the economic problem.
- B.The government should raise fuel price to solve the problem.
- C.The government should consider condition of low family income.
- D.The government should reduce the number of employees.
- E.The government should decrease the standard of wages.
The following text is for no 15 – 17
Is it important to know what your kids are watching? Of course yes. Television can expose things you have tried to protect them from, especially violence, pornography, consumerism, etc.
A study demonstrated that spending too much time on watching TV during the day or at bedtime often causes bedtime disruption, stress, and short sleep duration.
Another research found that there is a significant relationship between the amount of time spent for watching television during adolescence and early adulthood, and the possibility of being aggressive.
Meanwhile, many studies have identified a relationship between kids who watch TV a lot and being inactive and overweight.
Considering some facts mentioned above, protect your children with the following tips:
- 1.Limit television viewing to 1 – 2 hours each day.
- 2.Do not allow your children to have a TV set in their bedrooms.
- 3.Review the rating TV shows that your children watch.
- 4.Watch television with you children and discuss what is happening in the show.
15.Too much TV watching can possibly lead to ....
- C.low achievement
16.We know from the text that....
- A.too much watching TV causes stress
- B.being aggressive can happen to children
- C.adult can get overweight
- D.parents will protect their children
- E.short of slep duration cause overweight
17.The word disruption in the second paragraph is closest in meaning to….
Questions 18 to 20 refer to the following text.
Battelle Insurance Company
William P. Mervin
23 Dribble Drive
Hobart, IL 33456
A987 8907 E08
1993 Ford Escort
Enclosed is your latest dividend check. Since Battelle’s claim costs continue to be less than anticipated, our Board of Directors has authorized payment of this dividend on your auto insurance policy.
If you have any questions about your auto policy, or about insurance for your home, life, or health, please call me.
We are pleased to send you this dividend and to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting Battelle as your insurer.
Battelle Insurance Agent
18.For what insurance is the coverage on the William’s policy?
- E.Automobile and Home
19.What has William Mervin received from his insurance company?
- A.A payment on a claim
- B.A rebate on his payment
- C.A bill for insurance coverage
- D.A notice of his policy cancellation
- E.A reimbursement
20.“ … to take this opportunity to thank you …” (last paragraph). The underlined word refers to ….
The following text is for questions 21 and 22
Simatupang and Partners Law Firm
is pleased to announce that they have opened their law practice on September 1, 2012 in 4 different cities
New clients are welcome
A law firm for all family matters:
Real estate, estate planning & administration, traffic, personal injury divorce/custody/support, wills/trust, adoption, and home visits
Main Office : Jalan Kebayoran 5 Bandung
Branches : Jalan Angsana Timur 456 Jakarta
Jalan Agiwiyata 688 Surabaya
Jalan Surabaya 343 Bogor
A new branch office in Semarang will open next month.
21.According to the text, clients who live in Surabaya can go to branch office for consultation.
- A.Jalan Kebayoran 5
- B.Jalan Angsana Timur 456
- C.Jalan Agiwiyata 688
- D.Jalan Surabaya
22.From the text, we know that ....
- A.the law firm has six offices
- B.the main office is in Surabaya
- C.the office has four branch offices now
- D.they recently opened a branch in Bandung
- E.they will soon have five offices in Indonesia
The following text is for 23 – 25
There will be a holiday camp next month. All scout must join this camp. The activity will take place at Bangunharjo camping site and last for three days.
for further information, please contact Mr. Arkan.
Batam, May 12th, 2016
The Chief of Scout Organization
23.When will the activity be held ?
- A.In May
- D.In August
- B.In June
- E.In September
- C.In July
24.If the camp starts in June 5th, when will it end ?
- A.June 6th
- D.May 25th
- B.June 7th
- E.June 12th
- C.May 12th
25.Who must join the activity ?
- A.All students
- D.All Banyumas people
- B.All scouts
- E.All chiefs and students
- C.All chiefs
The following text is for no 26
To: All Employees
Effective date: February 1st, 2010
Subject: Staff uniforms
All employees are required to wear a uniform during work hours. This is to make it easier to distinguish them from customers. Women should wear a colorful blouse with black pants or a black knee-length skirt. Men should wear black pants with an orange or red T-Shirt.
26.What should woman employees wear?
- A.an orange shirt and black pants.
- B.a yellow skirt and black pants.
- C.a black skirt and colourful blouse.
- D.a white skirt and colourful blouse.
- E.a blue shirt and colourful blouse
The following poem is for no 27 – 29
RAIN AND TEARS
Rain and tears all the same
But in the sun you’ve to play the game
When you cry in winter time
You can’t pretend, it’s nothing but the rain
How many times I’ve seen
Tears coming from your blue eyes
Rain and tears all the same
But in the sun you’ve got to play the game
Give an answer of love I need an answer of love
Rain and tears in the sun
But in your heart you feel the rain the waves
Rain and tears both for shown
For in my heart there’ll never be a sun
Rain and tears all the same
But in the sun you’ve play the game
27.Which one of the following statements is implied in this song?
- A.The writer’s lover treats him well.
- B.The writer’s lover often expresses her sadness
- C.The writer has got his expectation from his lover
- D.The writer of the song feels sure with his love.
- E.The writer feels that his love story will have a happy ending.
28.Rain and tears both for shown
For in my heart there’ll never be a sun
The underlined expression means that the writer….
- A.will feel sure in his heart
- B.will always feel sad
- C.will have his heart be with bright life
- D.will feel so faithless all the time
- E.will get very tired all his life
29.The word “rain” in this song refers to….
- A.autumn time
- D.summer time
- B.spring time
- E.rainy season time
- C.winter time
The following poem is for no 30 – 31
A Fish I wish
Oh how I wish I was a fish to swim in the deep blue sea.
I would swim up and down and all around in laps of two or three.
There would be no rules to follow, all fun down here.
On land rules are trouble, a constant source of fear.
Humans are not wanted down here andfor them you must always look.
For they only want to see us fish dangling from the hook.
A sea full of wonder, yes, that’s the life for me.
Oh how I wish to be a fish and one day soon I will be.
30.What is the poet’s wish?
- A.swim without rules to follow
- B.to swim in the deep blue sea
- C.see a sea full of wonder
- D.wish to be a fish
- E.wish all fun as a fish
31.How does the poet express his wish?
- A.Oh how I wish I was a fish to swim in the deep blue sea.
- B.I would swim up and down and all around in laps of two or three.
- C.For they only want to see us fish dangling from the hook.
- D.A sea full of wonder, yes, that’s the life for me.
- E.Oh how I wish to be a fish and one day soon I will be.
The following conv is for no 32 – 34
Alya:You seem to like reading newspaper What’s the headline today?
Jim:The deliberation on pornography and porn act bill I wonder why the people here give so much attention to this issue
Alya:This is a sensitive thing here, Jim. It’s all about morality, people are concerned about the bad effect of pornography and porno act on the young generation. The mass media exploiting the pornography should be blamed for the moral degradation of the young generation.
Jim:But, I think the government does not need to regulate this with a kind of Bill. It will limit the freedom of the pers. It’s exagerating, I suppose.
Alya:Do you think so, Jim? How about in your country, Jim?
Jim:Our government just requires the media and the pers to give detail about the requirements to access the media. Say for example: a certain magazine is only for adults and people can get it through a subscription.
Alya:In that case, I think the condition is quite different, Jim although some people really disagree with this bill especially the people making business from this field, even though I think most of people here agree with this bill.
32.The text mainly tells us about….
- A.The sensitivity of the bad effect of pornography and porno act
- B.The morality of young generation effected by pornography
- C.The regulation the government should make on the pornography
- D.The deliberation on pornography and porno act bill
- E.The requirement the media and the press should fulfill
33.The communicative purpose of the text is….
- A.to present different points of view about an issue
- B.to retell events with a humorous twist
- C.to explain about the important events in the past
- D.to inform readers about important events of the day
- E.to retell events for the purpose of informing or entertaining
34.Which statement is not true according to the text?
- A.The topic talked about is written on the headline
- B.The pornography and porno act effect on the young generation badly
- C.The mass media, though only some, exploit the pornography a lot
- D.The points of view proposed are from the perspective of the same country
- E.The House Representatives should in charge of making the regulation
35.Which one doesn’t match?
- A.happen: take place
- B.deliberation: reflection
- C.issue: subject
- D.degradation: dilapidation
- E.exaggerating: complete disorder
36.If Budi …. me, I …. emailed the documents.
- A.Has ask – Would have
- B.Had asked – Would
- C.Has asked – Would have
- D.Had asked- Would have
- E.Has asked- Would
37.If our team had … the match, they would have … up in the league.
- A.Won – Moved
- D.Win – Move
- B.Win – Moved
- C.Winned – Moved
38.If I had …. you were coming, I would have prepared a delicious meal.
- C.Had known
39.They would have played football if the weather had …. nice.
40.If they had taken him to hospital earlier, he ….
- A.would have die
- D.have died
- B.would have died
- E.haven’t died
- C.wouldn't have died
- Part.1 : 15 Contoh Soal dan Kunci Jawaban Penilaian Harian SD Kelas 4 Tema 1 - Contoh Aplikasi
- 35 Soal dan Jawaban PAT Sastra Inggris SMA Kelas 11 Semester 2 K13 Terbaru - Contoh Aplikasi
- 35 Soal dan Jawaban PAT PKWU SMA Kelas 11 Semester 2 K13 Terbaru - Contoh Aplikasi
- 35 Soal dan Jawaban PAT Seni Budaya SMA Kelas 11 Semester 2 K13 Terbaru - Contoh Aplikasi
- 40 Soal dan Jawaban PAT Antropologi SMA Kelas 11 Semester 2 K13 Terbaru - Contoh Aplikasi
- Part.2 : 15 Contoh Soal dan Kunci Jawaban Penilaian Harian SD Kelas 4 Tema 1 - Contoh Aplikasi
- Part.3 : 15 Contoh Soal dan Kunci Jawaban Penilaian Harian SD Kelas 4 Tema 1 - Contoh Aplikasi
- Part.4 : 15 Contoh Soal dan Kunci Jawaban Penilaian Harian Kelas 4 Tema 1 - Contoh Aplikasi
- Part.5 : 13 Contoh Soal dan Kunci Jawaban Penilaian Harian Kelas 4 Tema 1 - Contoh Aplikasi
Gabung dalam percakapan